Monday, June 11, 2007

Mega Update pt 2: Pixel Dolls & Last Call

Well this weekend didn't turn out as planned at all, with little time spent in SL... And most of that was spent shopping... ^_^

Here is that Pixel Dolls coverage I've been promising! I didn't write down the names of the outfits so I'll update that part later tonight...


Arabesque is part of the new set of limited Edition outfits, unfortunately the lighting was not the best so it's hard to see in this picture. It's a very classic style dress in Burgundy with silver/white highlighting and designs. The pattern of choice is an array of stars. The fabric looks to be a kind of satin with parts of it possibly being felt due to the detailed texturing it has.. It's not my usual style to be sure, but it is a gorgeous dress. If you get invited to something like a ball or any other event you may want to dress up for (without looking gothic) this is a good choice. I'm wearing my lovely jewelry from the Kadin set by Solange in this picture proving how easy that jewelry is to match to most anything.


Crisalede is also from Pixel Dolls Limited Edition collection. It's a faerie inspired design that feels perfect for any fantasy setting... Or strip off the wings and suddenly you have a rather nice 'barbarian/primitive' look. Which is actually how I'm likely to wear it, which is sort of a shame as the wings are incredibly nice flexi gossamer types that flow through the air in an impressive fashion. The skirt and the rest of the dress are composed of a nice mesh of color (red in this case) and black base that offers a nice effect. As with the Arabesque design I'm wearing the jewelry from the silk outfit by Solange in yesterdays update.


Xenia is from the four new limited edition designs and it's my favorite. It has a billowing fabric top that makes me feel like I'm wearing an elaborate piece of satin instead of a 'shirt' or 'bra' or some such upper body covering... Which I rather like... The sleeves though are my favorite thing, you can't really see them in this picture, but the are flexi 'armbands' that trail long flowing pieces of sheer fabric. The skirt rounds things out, with a nicely patterned fabric and a long flowing skirt... It can easily look goth, or formal with next to no work... It's also great with a little lingerie under it... Especially lace or sheer fabric... Makes it look even sexier...


Misere is the last of the outfits from the Limited Edition set just released by Pixel Dolls. I bought it in a Burgundy as Red and black are my two most common colors (black and purple being my alternative choices). The top for this is sort of a bodice design of which their are 4 versions: with and without scarf, as well as 'dress' and 'standalone' versions. The one in the picture is the non-scarf 'standalone'. The arms of the design included semi-sheer scupltie sleeve puffs with lace fringe. The skirt is flexi and will drag on the floor if you arent' careful, but I doubt anyone buying this is going to mind. I like it and I don't, it's really frustrating. Personally I think I would have liked it better if it had a mid-length skirt (chop it off at the color change) and dropped the sleeve puffs for something else (though I'm not quite sure what, maybe cuffs of some sort?) then I would utterly love the design...


This next one is actually from Last Call (Which I believe is called 'Seduction) and it slipped into my Pixel Dolls pictures folder, but it makes a great sexy red dress, perfect for those times you feel like being a complete tease to every guy (& girl) you meet! It includes an alternative top which has cut out panels wrapping around the bottom of your bust to show even more skin in all the right places... The top is the best part as far as creativity in design goes, but the skirt is actually one of the nicer skirts I've seen so far. As with the designs above I continued wearing the Kadin jewelry set here as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

NY City Jewelry now brings you handmade antique duplicate dolls! All of our Dolls are completly handmade from authentic original molds. Unlike any others you may see, they are one of a kind.Once they are sold,
there are no others available. We have a small inventory, and will be selling original Antique French and German dolls, which are also only one of a kind. Our duplicate Dolls are handpainted with exact paints and colors used over 80 years ago.